Blog Journal 8


       Diigo is a social site that allows people to bookmark and annotate websites and then share them with a group or individual. I have obtained new skills regarding Diigo such as bookmarking a website. Before my EME 2040 assignment that incorporated Diigo into the lesson I had no idea how to bookmark a website nor share it with anyone. However, after completing multiple assignments with Diigo I have learned how to annotate a website with digital highlighting and sticky notes. This application would be most useful in my classroom as it allows me to analyze a website and share with my students and even with team members. Being able to bookmark a website and analyze it helps in memorizing the information and truly understanding it and then applying it into my lesson plans which shows how Diigo can help my individual professional efforts. 
       As a future educator I want to assist in every student's process of learning which is why I will attempt to incorporate Bloom's Taxonomy into my teaching. Bloom's taxonomy is a classification of educational learning based on a hierarchical model that determines the level of complexity and specificity. Bloom's hierarchy consists of six levels, the lowest to the highest levels are: remember, understand, apply, analyze, evaluate, and create. I can use PowerPoint to support student learning at every level of Bloom's taxonomy by relaying information for students to remember, presenting guiding question to follow understanding, assigning them their own powerpoint so they can apply their information as well as analyze key concepts which is important and their creating of a cohesive powerpoint.
        I would definitely use EdTech Roundup to keep in touch with education technology trends as it is constantly updated with various resources that can be used in the classroom. It even goes further to how these resources are to be used and how they can be used by student. Theres also articles that have comprehensive reviews so I can know whether or not to trust a certain resource or not based on other teachers' opinions. I understand that as a future educator it is important to keep myself  informed of advancing technology and apps as it can perhaps be useful in my classroom and keep my students engaged.



Comments