Blog Journal 10

    As a future educator, I believe it is vital to collect, analyze, and execute data in either form, Excel or surveys. I will use data collection such as Excel and surveys as helpful tools during my time as an educator as it can inform me on my performance as a teacher and allow me to reflect on my class and practices. My subject area is special education, the grade level can range from k-12, I will be happy teaching any age and grade level. The use of surveys and excel will allow me to organize my responses from my students, the parents of my students, and my peers that analyze my teaching strategies and its effectiveness.
    While reviewing my classmates' blogs, I took note of interesting topics such as Christina's blog post regarding her Independent Learning Project. She discussed the evolution of technology in classrooms and how advancing classroom tech along with how she would incorporate fun academic online games. After reading this post, I am encouraged to use academic games in my classroom as well to better engage my students in a fun, academic, and healthy competition such as Kahoot! I loved Austin Bradshaw's independent learning project. He discussed Class Dojo that monitors a students academic performance. I think this is a great tool that help teachers know and keep track as to where their students are academically.
     Other technology related skills I would like to learn next is how to create videos with "smooth" transitions. I would like to know how to take a multitude of videos and put them together to create a long video that allowed me to stop recording and continue from where I left off. I can achieve this goal by watching youtube videos on how to perform this or read about it. I can also find certain websites or apps that focus around creating these kinds of videos. I am interested in this because I watch vlogs (video blogs) of teachers explaining what they do as teachers and how they set up their classroom along with different lesson plans. 

Comments