Blog Journal 7


       Twitter is an interactive social media website that allows people to tweet comments and pictures regarding numerous topics. Thus far, my experience with Twitter has been an enjoyable and educational one. I have learned much on the topic of special education and about different organizations that centers itself around building a better community for special needs students inside a classroom. Twitter has many beneficial aspects to it as it enhances communication and allows people to educate themselves as well. Twitter allows people to communicate with others who may be states and countries apart, yet due to Twitter they can now communicate and discuss topics that allow both people and other Twitter users to participate in the discussion and expand their knowledge. I have not experienced any issues regarding Twitter, Twitter was a bit tricky to understand since I was new to it but now its very easy to use it. I have found Twitter to be both, fun and educational!
       While working on the Web Design assignment I acquired certain skills that are beneficial to know as my academic career continues. One skill I learned is how to embed a Google calendar, I had no idea prior to this assignment that I could make a calendar on Google so after learning how to do so I find it extremely helpful in keeping my future assignments and dates organized. I really liked this assignment as I got to be creative and create my own assignments as I felt like a true teacher while doing so. I can improve my content for future instances, once I get more experience in my field of education, I can then create assignments and better content regarding my students and implement their needs into my website. Below is a link to my webiste so you can view it yourself!
       Assistive and adaptive technologies are certain technological devices that aid individuals with disabilities or those who belong in the elderly population. Examples of assistive devices are wheelchairs, hearing aids, automatic page turners for people who have no mobility or motor skills in their hands, and many more. These technologies support learners as they assist in the use of the educational process such as adapted pencil grips for those who have weak motor skills, computer software and hardware programs that aids with sensory impairments and mobile devices. I do know someone who must use such devices, a friend of mine who lives back home in Miami must use a hearing aid in his left ear as his hearing is impaired. He often had to sit near the teacher to hear her/him better, but he did not let that hinder his education. I do not see many challenges with using adaptive technologies in my future classroom as most of my students will have special needs. I see the use of this technology beneficial and simply a must in my classroom as it will help my students succeed in the classroom.



Comments