Blog Journal #2


       As my time in high school and even in college thus far Microsoft Word has been a major factor in my academic career. I am no stranger when it comes to Microsoft Word. I have used it multiple times when creating documents for essays and lecture notes. My experience with seeing my teachers use Microsoft Word is usually seeing their lesson plans stored in a document then projected onto the white board. None of my past teachers have ever taught any lessons regarding Microsoft Word which lead me to be unaware of most features Microsoft Word has yet with EME2040 Microsoft Word is becoming more familiar and expanding my skill set regarding the usage of Microsoft Word.
      My experience regarding copyright and fair use of material in an educational environment was slim to none before college, however, my EME2040 was the first course that emphasized the need and usage of copyright in a classroom setting. As a future educator, I will place much emphasis on   copyrights especially when it comes to projects. I will educate my students on the importance of copyrights as they are not allowed to use another person's idea or even picture without their consent or paying acknowledgment to that person. As an educator, it is our responsibility to ensure that our students are safe on the internet which means that we must inform them of the correct way to use it and especially if I plan to incorporate technology into my classroom. By informing my students of how to properly pay recognition to a person's idea or image they will never be at fault of plagiarism which follows major consequences especially later into their college years. I plan to use these concepts by assigning certain essay prompt to my students and see how they properly use citations and copyright images.
      Understanding that the implementation of technology into the classroom is beneficial, certain problems may surface as a direct result of such. Academic dishonesty is a major issue that I will not tolerate in my classroom, the internet is a friend however, can be used for academic dishonesty if used the wrong way. I tend to use certain websites that can detect when a majority of a paper is "copy and paste" as a student is then claiming they wrote the essay when someone else did. Another issue would be decreased productivity. I do plan to incorporate fun activities online that digitally incorporate moving pictures and fun audio clips, however, I am aware that certain students might be online for none educational purposes but that's why I plan to implement a fun activities that my students want to use! I want to listen to what my students want and plan my lesson plans around their likes and interests to keep them engaged in the lesson. 

Comments

  1. You learn a lot about Microsoft Word, actually! If you need more professional development, consider https://its.fsu.edu/linkedinlearning. It may be a great resource which is free for FSU students.

    As a future teacher, I think it is important to improve awareness of ethical use of copyrighted information, I am with you! I think, academic dishonesty is also one of the critical skills that we all need to possess. Great insights, Rachel!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment