The One Where I Post For the First Time

If it hasn't been your day, your month, or even your year this educator friend will help!

    My name is Rachel Green, I began this blog during my first year at Florida State University. I am studying special education as I hope one day to help students gain the basic knowledge of the world and how to become an active citizen in our society despite any mental challenge or disability. Education has always been a calling for me, I loved the idea of helping the future generations learn and strive in our world. I am a young, not much experienced future educator but as time approaches and different lessons are taught I hope that I will become the friend to all other aspiring educators!

  I was born in an age of newly advancing technology. There was always new eye catching technology approaching when I was younger, yet, I never seemed to get the hang of it. It took me about a month to understand how to "copy and paste" on a MacBook Air and even longer when trying to learn how to make an Excel spreadsheet. The closest classroom technology I have ever came into contact with is a simple projector but I know that there is much more surface area that needs to be covered. While I do not hold much experience with classroom technology in an educational setting I am willing to learn and in return, offer my knowledge to other aspiring educators and together we can help educate the future generations of our world.

   Classroom technology is a foreign area for me but I am hopeful that in the coming months, I will know all that there is about classroom tech and how to implement that into my future lesson plans. I hope that my EME 2040 class can aid me in using educational technology and sources because I want to be the best teacher I can be to my future students. I am willing to learn all that I can, not for myself but for my students to come so I can give them the best teacher they can have. I may not know much about technology nor how to use it in an educational setting but with the help of other F.R.I.E.N.D.S along the way I know that I can figure it out! 

Comments

  1. I can totally agree your point of view on being foreign to classroom technology. I hope that we'll find it easy going through the semester and actually learn something that will push both of our careers.
    Chandler Bing Out

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope special education works out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sound like you're going to be an awesome teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the friends references. super clever! And I definitely feel your struggle with technology!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The friends references have elevated this blog to a plateau unreachable by the current status of all other blogs.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment